Thank America's Teachers, a grant through Farmer's Insurance, provides funding for teaching grants through its online daily voting site. MCHS P.E. teacher Mark Arrington has submitted a proposal for TRX Suspension Bands for the high school P.E. program and after school programs. Please help support this proposal by voting DAILY at www.thankamericasteachers.com Remember to vote daily!
MCHS wins Second Place in Speech Sweepstakes TEAM Awards behind National Powerhouse Holy Ghost Preparatory School, Bensalem, PA at the Pennsbury Falcon National Invitational in Pennsylvania on Saturday, January 31.
We only took 5 students and 10 total entries, so finishing as the second place team at this national invitational tournament was an incredible accomplishment for these students. The looks on their faces at the awards ceremony was absolutely priceless. I wish you all could have been there to see it! – Assistant Coach Jason Dart
The following students placed:
- Jordan Taylor, Dramatic Performance National Invitational Champion
- Shannon Blow, Dramatic Performance National Runner-up Champion, Second place
- Summer Davis/Jackie Dews, 3rd Place in Duo
- Jackie Dews, Poetry National Runner-up Champion, Second Place
- Jackie Dews, 3rd place in Prose
- Shannon Blow, 5th place in Prose
It should also be noted that the following students advanced to the top 12 Semifinal rounds in their respective events prior to being eliminated:
- Camryn Powers - Semifinalist in Original Oratory
- Shannon Blow - Semifinalist in Poetry
- Summer Davis - Semifinalist in Original Oratory
Advancing to elimination rounds at these national tournaments is a great feat.
We are so appreciative of all the support of everyone to make these opportunities possible for our students. – Head Coach Donald Hitt